Rep. Mike Connolly is pleased to inform our Cambridge constituents that the Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) will offer COVID-19 testing to all Cambridge residents via a stand-alone testing center at the CHA East Cambridge Care Center located at 163 Gore Street in East Cambridge.
The service for Cambridge residents will launch on Friday, May 8. Cambridge residents eight years of age and older are welcome, regardless of insurance or immigration status. Individuals must call to set up an appointment using a new hotline number at 617-665-2928. More information about universal access to COVID-19 testing for Cambridge residents is available here via the City of Cambridge.
Our Somerville constituents also have universal access to COVID-19 testing through CHA. Since April 27, COVID-19 tests have been available to all Somerville residents by appointment at the Crown Street parking lot adjacent to Somerville Hospital. As with the Cambridge testing program, individuals must call to set up an appointment using the hotline number, 617-665-2928. You do not need to be symptomatic or have health insurance to get a free test, and immigration status will not be checked for testing.
Results will be available in five days after people are tested, and people will be contacted via phone with the results. All patients will also receive guidance on how to protect themselves and family members while test results are pending. This is available in multiple languages.
The Cambridge location is the third community testing site that CHA has launched amidst the outbreak of COVID-19. One is located at the CHA Somerville Campus, dedicated to testing Somerville residents, and another is at the CHA Malden Care Center for Everett and Malden residents.
Below is key information about the service:
- Appointments are required. Cambridge and Somerville residents should call 617-665-2928 to get an appointment. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4 pm.
- CHA patients with symptoms should call their primary care provider who can assess their needs and assist with follow-up.
- Testing is provided to Cambridge and Somerville residents and CHA patients Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Testing is available both as a drive-thru service and for bicyclists and people who arrive on foot.
- Testing for Cambridge residents will be conducted in a tent located at the CHA East Cambridge Care Center (163 Gore St, Cambridge).
- There is no charge. People will be asked for insurance information, but it is not required.
- Results will be available within 5 days after people are tested.
CHA is monitoring the situation and will make changes as circumstances evolve. Visit www.challiance.org to learn more and get updated information.